Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
The moment you have waited for is finally here and filling the cups of Fall-lovers everywhere:
We are all ready to enjoy bundling up in our favorite plush or plaid blanket next to a cozy fire, but what will really take our Fall Instagram to the top is that perfect beverage that exemplifies all the “feels” in one cup.
However, there are two issues with the Pumpkin Spice Latte craze:
1. No matter where we purchase our favorite beverage, the 100 purchases add up, and we are struggling to pay bills because of our addiction. As much as we would argue, no beverage is worth the loss of our homes.
2. It is extremely unhealthy, getting us prepared for elastic pants during the holiday season. Even in the smallest size, it contains more than 200 calories and 40 grams of sugar. Work out as much as you want, but the pumpkin spice latte is staying with you and your hips, and like the famous Shakira once said, “My hips don’t lie.” So we will all know what’s up.
But regardless of the consequences, we still want to bathe in pumpkin spice lattes before they go into hibernation in the warmer months, so there’s always a question of whether to risk it or not.
Well, you came to the right place because you no longer have to question, and you can forever get your tub ready with healthy pumpkin spice latte goodness.
We have found a way to still enjoy this insanely addicting beverage without the risk of gaining one million pounds and dealing with major fatigue before Thanksgiving even happens.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
8 ounces brewed coffee
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1. In a cup or saucepan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin. Cook on medium heat on the stove-top or microwave for 30-45 seconds.
2. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices, and sweetener, place in a cup and use a frother to foam the milk. You can also use a blender — just process for 30 seconds or until foamy.
3. Pour coffee into a large mug; add the foamy milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Indulge and enjoy!
By using this recipe, you can free yourself of the guilt by knowing you’re drinking a healthy pumpkin spice latte. Plus you can save up some calories for splurging on some cardamon chocolate coffee cake!
So put on your leggings, flannel and Uggs, and treat yourself to the beverage that acts as your best pal during the Fall season.
And best of all, there’s no longer shame in your Instagram-game. It will be forever-strong for as long as you’d like it to be.
Happy Fall to you.